Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Melbourne, Australia
Negative - Family in Front of Home, Melbourne, Victoria, circa 1860s Reg. No: MM 003868
- The photograph was originally dated circa 1880, but the clothing worn strongly suggests an earlier date, likely to be the 1860s.
- Description Of Content:
- A woman and four children standing in front of their small brick house. There is a picket fence across the front of the property and a bluestone guttering.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Shirley Stone, 1987
- The Biggest Family Album of Australia, Museum Victoria
|Tagged with:||picket fences|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, The Biggest Family Album in Australia Collection|
|Primary Classification:||DOMESTIC LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Residential Buildings|
|Format:||Negative: Black & White; 35 mm|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, circa 1860s|
|Photographer:||J. Linde Studio, circa 1880|
|References:||Note on clothing date added by Deborah Tout-Smith, 20/4/2012|