Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Person Depicted Ballarat, Australia
Similar items over time
Negative - Anastasia Withers,'Willetts Photo', Ballarat, Victoria, circa 1875 Reg. No: MM 000581
- Portrait of Mrs Anastasia Withers, one of three women who are believed to have sewn the Eureka flag. The others were Anne Duke and Anastasia Hayes. The flag was sewn in time for a rally at Bakery Hill on 29 November 1854.
- Description Of Content:
- Studio portrait of woman leaning on table bearing vegetation.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Mrs Valda D'Angri, 1985
- The Biggest Family Album of Australia, Museum Victoria
|Tagged with:||portraits, eureka stockade ballarat 1854, sewing, eureka flag, eureka, activism, rebellion, lala land, 1854 eureka medal badge, awesome picture|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, The Biggest Family Album in Australia Collection|
|Primary Classification:||POLITICS & PUBLIC PROTEST|
|Secondary Classification:||Parliamentary Politics|
|Tertiary Classification:||protest rallies|
|People Depicted:||Withers, Anastasia|
|Format:||Negative: Black & White; 35 mm|
|Person Depicted:||Anastasia Withers, Ballarat, Victoria, Australia, circa 1875|
|Creator:||Willetts Studio, circa 1875|