Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Wando Vale, Australia
Negative - Wando Vale, Victoria, circa 1920 Reg. No: MM 002893
- According to Chris McConville in Mum and Dad Made History (1988), under the Closer Settlement Act the government bought up and subdivided large properties in the Wando Vale area, and hundreds of families came to settle in the area.
- Description Of Content:
- A picnic group at Wando Vale.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from C & J Bradbury, 1986
- The Biggest Family Album of Australia, Museum Victoria
|Tagged with:||picnics picnicking, closer settlement scheme|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, The Biggest Family Album in Australia Collection|
|Primary Classification:||RECREATION & TOURISM|
|Tertiary Classification:||group portraits|
|Format:||Negative: Black & White; 35 mm|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Wando Vale, Victoria, Australia, circa 1920|
|References:||Chris McConville, 1988. Mum and Dad Made History, Museum of Victoria, Melbourne|