Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Wando Vale, Australia
Negative - Wando Vale, Victoria, 1938 Reg. No: MM 002978
- According to Chris McConville in Mum and Dad Made History (1988), under the Closer Settlement Act the government bought up and subdivided large properties in the Wando Vale area, and hundreds of families came to settle in the area.
- Description Of Content:
- Moving the machinery after harvesting clover seed.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Irene Pearce, 1986
- The Biggest Family Album of Australia, Museum Victoria
|Tagged with:||agricultural equipment, agricultural workers, threshing equipment, tractors, workers, closer settlement scheme|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, The Biggest Family Album in Australia Collection|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Images (To Be Classified)|
|Tertiary Classification:||images (to be classified)|
|Format:||Negative: Black & White; 35 mm|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Wando Vale, Victoria, Australia, 1938|
|References:||Chris McConville, 1988. Mum and Dad Made History, Museum of Victoria, Melbourne|