Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Wando Vale, Australia
Negative - Wando Vale, Victoria, 1938 Reg. No: MM 002979
- According to Chris McConville in Mum and Dad Made History (1988), under the Closer Settlement Act the government bought up and subdivided large properties in the Wando Vale area, and hundreds of families came to settle in the area.
- Description Of Content:
- Camp for workers involved in clover threshing.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Irene Pearce, 1986
- The Biggest Family Album of Australia, Museum Victoria
|Tagged with:||agricultural workers, camp sites, motor cars, tents, closer settlement scheme|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Transport Collection, The Biggest Family Album in Australia Collection|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Working Life - Catering|
|Format:||Negative: Black & White; 35 mm|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Wando Vale, Victoria, Australia, 1938|
|References:||Chris McConville, 1988. Mum and Dad Made History, Museum of Victoria, Melbourne|