Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Wando Vale, Australia
Negative - Wando Vale, Victoria, 1921 Reg. No: MM 002795
- According to Chris McConville in Mum and Dad Made History (1988), under the Closer Settlement Act the government bought up and subdivided large properties in the Wando Vale area, and hundreds of families came to settle in the area.
- Description Of Content:
- A woman operating a pump. There is a dam on the left and a pipe leading off to the right.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Eileen Tierney, 1986
- The Biggest Family Album of Australia, Museum Victoria
|Tagged with:||agricultural equipment, agricultural workers, dams, farms, pumps, workers, closer settlement scheme|
|Themes this item is part of:||Engineering Collection, Images & Image Making Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, The Biggest Family Album in Australia Collection|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Water Management|
|Tertiary Classification:||hand pumps|
|Format:||Negative: Black & White; 35 mm|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Wando Vale, Victoria, Australia, 1921|
|References:||Chris McConville, 1988. Mum and Dad Made History, Museum of Victoria, Melbourne|