Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Wando Vale, Australia
Similar items over time
Negative - Wando Vale, Victoria, 1907 Reg. No: MM 002796
- According to Chris McConville in Mum and Dad Made History (1988), under the Closer Settlement Act the government bought up and subdivided large properties in the Wando Vale area, and hundreds of families came to settle in the area.
- Description Of Content:
- A farmyard with post and rail fences in the foreground and farm buildings in the background.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Eileen Tierney, 1986
- The Biggest Family Album of Australia, Museum Victoria
|Tagged with:||agricultural workers, farms, haystacks, closer settlement scheme|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, The Biggest Family Album in Australia Collection|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Farm Yards|
|Tertiary Classification:||images (to be classified)|
|Format:||Negative: Black & White; 35 mm|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Wando Vale, Victoria, Australia, 1907|
|References:||Chris McConville, 1988. Mum and Dad Made History, Museum of Victoria, Melbourne|