Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Wando Vale, Australia
Negative - Wando Vale, Victoria, 1923 Reg. No: MM 002809
- According to Chris McConville in Mum and Dad Made History (1988), under the Closer Settlement Act the government bought up and subdivided large properties in the Wando Vale area, and hundreds of families came to settle in the area.
- Description Of Content:
- Members of the Wando Vale (?) Football team. A school building is in the background.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Terence Davidson, 1986
- The Biggest Family Album of Australia, Museum Victoria
|Tagged with:||football, leisure, recreation, social activities, sport, sporting clubs, closer settlement scheme|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Leisure Collection, The Biggest Family Album in Australia Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Australian Rules Football|
|Inscriptions:||Hand written in black along bottom of the photograph: "1922"|
|Format:||Negative: Black & White; 35 mm|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Wando Vale, Victoria, Australia, 1923|
|References:||Chris McConville, 1988. Mum and Dad Made History, Museum of Victoria, Melbourne|