Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Wando Vale, Australia
Negative - Wando Vale, Victoria, circa 1910 Reg. No: MM 003233
- According to Chris McConville in Mum and Dad Made History (1988), under the Closer Settlement Act the government bought up and subdivided large properties in the Wando Vale area, and hundreds of families came to settle in the area.
- Description Of Content:
- A tennis match by the Wando Vale Hall. The umpire is seated on a fence in front of a buggy and a player is standing by the net.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Mrs Eric McDonald, 1986
- The Biggest Family Album of Australia, Museum Victoria
|Tagged with:||halls, horsedrawn vehicles, leisure, recreation, social activities, sport, sporting competitions, tennis, umbrellas, water tanks, closer settlement scheme|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Leisure Collection, Transport Collection, The Biggest Family Album in Australia Collection|
|People Depicted:||McGrath, Mr; McDonald, Malcolm|
|Organisations Depicted:||Wando Vale Hall|
|Format:||Negative: Black & White; 35 mm|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Wando Vale, Victoria, Australia, circa 1910|
|References:||Chris McConville, 1988. Mum and Dad Made History, Museum of Victoria, Melbourne|