Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Coolgardie, Australia
Negative - Group of People Outside a Small House with Man & Child on Kneeling Camel, Coolgardie District, Western Australia, circa 1900 Reg. No: MM 004158
- A group of people in front of a small, plain house in the Coolgardie District of Western Australia. On the left a man and a toddler sit on a kneeling camel, a man sits on a deck chair in front of the entrance while two women and another small child stand on the right. There is a water tank on the far right. The image was created by the W Roy Miller Studio in circa 1900.
- Black and white negative.
- Description Of Content:
- A group of people in front of a small, plain house. On the left a man and a toddler sit on a kneeling camel, a man sits on a deck chair in front of the entrance while two women and another small child stand on the right. There is a water tank on the far right.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Elaine Andrew, 1987
- The Biggest Family Album of Australia, Museum Victoria
|Tagged with:||camels, chairs, dogs, domestic animals, furnishings, water tanks|
|Themes this item is part of:||Muslim Collections at Museum Victoria, Images & Image Making Collection, The Biggest Family Album in Australia Collection|
|Primary Classification:||ROAD TRANSPORT|
|Tertiary Classification:||pack camels|
|Format:||Negative: Black & White; 35 mm|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Coolgardie District, Western Australia, Australia, circa 1900|
|Creator:||W Roy Miller Studio, circa 1900|
http://www.saudiaramcoworld.com/issue/198801/camels.down.under.htm viewed 28.04.2009.
http://camelfarm.com/camels/camels_australia.html, viewed 13.05.2009.
http://library.thinkquest.org/03oct/00128/en/camels/history_light.htm, viewed 13.05.2009.
Stevens, Christine, 'Tin Mosques and Ghantowns : A History of Afghan Cameldrivers in Australia', Paul Fitzsimons: Alice Springs (2002).