Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Kerang, Australia
Negative - Bode Family in Front of their Home, Kerang, Victoria, circa 1909 Reg. No: MM 004212
- Black and white image of the Bode family in front of their home in Kerang, Victoria, about 1909-1910.
The family is pictured, left to right: standing on the path Esther May Bode and Edith Lavinia Bode; their mother Mary Jane Bode (nee Morrison) seated; Leslie Bode on rocking horse; Victor Bode; and their father Albert Bode.
- Description Of Content:
- A family standing in a garden in front of their weatherboard house. The house has several chimneys and a trellised verandah. A wooden paling fence separates the footpath from the house. The garden is very established, with mature trees, flowering plants, garden beds, paths and trellises. One of the children is seated on a rocking horse.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Judy Haines, 1987
- The Biggest Family Album of Australia, Museum Victoria
|Tagged with:||children, domestic environment, families, gardens, houses, picket fences, rocking horses, toys|
|Themes this item is part of:||Childhood & Youth Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Images & Image Making Collection, Leisure Collection, The Biggest Family Album in Australia Collection|
|Primary Classification:||DOMESTIC LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Residential Buildings|
|People Depicted:||Bode, Esther May; Bode, Edith Lavinia; Bode, Mary Jane (nee Morrison); Bode, Leslie; Bode, Victor; Bode, Albert|
|Format:||Negative: Black & White; 35 mm|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Kerang, Victoria, Australia, circa 1909
Donor has provided further details on the date of this photograph and the address of the house.
|Photographer:||C. Whiting Studio, circa 1895|