Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Nareen, Australia
Negative - Hunting Rabbits, Nareen District, Victoria, circa 1922 Reg. No: MM 003400
- According to Chris McConville in Mum and Dad Made History (1988), under the Closer Settlement Act the government bought up and subdivided large properties in the Wando Vale area, and hundreds of families came to settle in the area.
- Description Of Content:
- Two men with their dogs and a catch of rabbits on 'Wando Vale' station.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from G Munro, 1986
- The Biggest Family Album of Australia, Museum Victoria
|Tagged with:||dogs, domestic animals, hunting, rabbits, sport, closer settlement scheme|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Leisure Collection, The Biggest Family Album in Australia Collection|
|Primary Classification:||RECREATION & TOURISM|
|Format:||Negative: Black & White; 35 mm|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Nareen District, Victoria, Australia, circa 1922|
|References:||Chris McConville, 1988. Mum and Dad Made History, Museum of Victoria, Melbourne|