Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted White Hills, Australia
Similar items over time
Negative - F. Stuckenschmidt & Family in Front of his Shop, 'Cornish Stores', White Hills, Bendigo, Victoria, circa 1885 Reg. No: MM 003829
- The family may include a later generation than that depicted in MM 003828, which appears to have been taken in the 1860s. F. Stuckenschmidt looks considerably older in the later image.
- Description Of Content:
- F. Stuckenschmidt and his family in front of his shop, the 'Cornish Stores'. A street sign in front of the shop reads'Bank Gold Office' and there is a gas lamp on the corner.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Betty Jackman, 1987
- The Biggest Family Album of Australia, Museum Victoria
|Tagged with:||advertising, buggies, families, produce merchants, shops, street lighting, trading, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, The Biggest Family Album in Australia Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||General Stores|
|Tertiary Classification:||shop fronts|
|People Depicted:||Stuckenschmidt, F.; Stuckenschmidt Family|
|Organisations Depicted:||Cornish Stores|
|Format:||Negative: Black & White; 35 mm|
|Place & Date Depicted:||White Hills, Bendigo, Victoria, Australia, circa 1885|