Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Bacchus Marsh, Australia
Negative - Bacchus Marsh, Victoria, 1937 Reg. No: MM 6487
- Image taken on 19th September 1937. Image depicts an event of the Riley Motor Club of Australia (this club was open from July 1936 to December 1937, however a new club with the same name was started in 1958). The event is a half mile sprint held on the open road between Bacchus Marsh and Gisborne.
- Description Of Content:
- Three Riley motor cars at a Riley Motor Club of Australia event. The main car in the photo is a 1937 Riley Kestrel, owned by the Club's president Norman J. Horton, who is probably driving the vehicle. Ralph Morris is standing next to the car. The Kestrel achieved second place in the event with a time of 26 3/5. To the left of the photo can be seen the front of a Riley Imp, a 1934 or 1935 model. To the right of the photo can be seen an Australian bodied Riley 9 coupe, probably a 1931 or 1932 model.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Barb Richens, 1988
- The Biggest Family Album of Australia, Museum Victoria
|Tagged with:||car clubs, car trials, motor cars|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Transport Collection, The Biggest Family Album in Australia Collection|
|Primary Classification:||ROAD TRANSPORT|
|Secondary Classification:||Motor Vehicles|
|Tertiary Classification:||motor cars|
|People Depicted:||Morris, Ralph|
|Format:||Negative: Black & White; 35 mm|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Bacchus Marsh, Victoria, Australia, 19th September 1937|
|Creator:||G Morris, 1937|