Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Dandenong, Australia
Negative - Soldiers Drinking, Dandenong, Victoria, circa 1935 Reg. No: MM 8320
- Photograph of a group of soldiers drinking from beer bottles. The specific provenance of this image is not recorded; however, several wear badges on their hats that appear to be a crown or other shape within a wreath. The shape of the badge is reminiscent of the New South Wales Irish Rifle Regiment badge or the Royal Australian Regiment badge.
- Description Of Content:
- A group of soldiers drinking from beer bottles. The soldier on the left appears to be conducting them.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Linda McKay, 1991
- The Biggest Family Album of Australia, Museum Victoria
|Tagged with:||australian army, eating drinking, soldiers, military forces|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, The Biggest Family Album in Australia Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MILITARY HISTORY|
|Tertiary Classification:||recreation & tourism|
|Format:||Negative: Black & White; 35 mm|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Dandenong, Victoria, Australia, circa 1935|