Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Mildura, Australia
Negative - Steam Traction Engines Outside The Chaffey Homestead (?) Looking Toward the Murray River, Mildura, Victoria, circa 1885 Reg. No: MM 000172
- Black and white cellulose acetate negative.
- Description Of Content:
- Looking towards the Murray River. Steam traction engines in the centre of the photograph. The verandahs of a two-storied building (the Chaffey homestead?) on the left.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Mavis Heyward, 1985
- The Biggest Family Album of Australia, Museum Victoria
|Tagged with:||agriculture, houses, mansions, rivers, steam traction engines, verandahs, fences|
|Themes this item is part of:||Domestic & Community Life Collection, Engineering Collection, Images & Image Making Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, The Biggest Family Album in Australia Collection|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Steam Power|
|Tertiary Classification:||steam traction engines|
|Organisations Depicted:||Murray River|
|Format:||Negative: Black & White; 35 mm|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Mildura, Victoria, Australia, circa 1885|
|Creator:||E Oswald Studio, circa 1885|