Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Port Melbourne, Australia
Negative - Holy Trinity Church, Port Melbourne, Victoria, circa 1900 Reg. No: MM 7778
- Negative of the Holy Trinity Church, Port Melbourne, circa 1900. In 1854 a tent was erected on this site which had been set aside for the Anglican Church. This corrugated iron Church was erected the following year and consecrated on 30 December 1855. In 1908 it was severely damaged in a storm and had to be rebuilt.
- Black and white negative
- Description Of Content:
- The Holy Trinity Church, Port Melbourne.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from J McCarthy, 1988
- The Biggest Family Album of Australia, Museum Victoria
|Tagged with:||churches, corrugated iron, buildings, public institutions, religions anglican|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, The Biggest Family Album in Australia Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Christianity - Anglican|
|Tertiary Classification:||church exteriors|
|Format:||Negative: Black & White; 35 mm|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Port Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, circa 1900|