Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Cheltenham, Australia
Negative - Graham Family New Kitchen, Hartwell, Victoria, circa 1950 Reg. No: MM 8054
- Black and white negative of the Graham family's new kitchen in their home at Hartwell in suburban Melbourne, circa 1950.
According to his daughter Mary, Benjamin Graham was very proud of the kitchen he rebuilt in the family home in the 1950s. He had to remove a one-fire stove and a brick chimney to build in the new cupboards.
- Description Of Content:
- Newly installed kitchen cupboards. There is a stove on the left and shelves on the right, with windows looking out to another room at the back of the cupboards and drawers in the middle.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Ruth E McCutcheon, 1990
- The Biggest Family Album of Australia, Museum Victoria
|Tagged with:||cupboards, kitchens|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, The Biggest Family Album in Australia Collection|
|Primary Classification:||DOMESTIC LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Residential Buildings|
|Format:||Negative: Black & White; 35 mm|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Hartwell, Victoria, Australia, circa 1950|
|Photographer:||Mr Benjamin Graham|