Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted North Melbourne, Australia
Similar items over time
Negative - North Melbourne, Victoria, 1888 Reg. No: MM 8386
- Negative of Alexander McDonald and his family.
- Description Of Content:
- Alexander McDonald and his family pictured on a paved area at the back of their home. The house is weatherboard and the family have dressed up for the photograph.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Dr A Smith, 1991
- The Biggest Family Album of Australia, Museum Victoria
|Tagged with:||backyards, families, gardens, houses, portraits, -1|
|Themes this item is part of:||Domestic & Community Life Collection, Images & Image Making Collection, The Biggest Family Album in Australia Collection|
|Primary Classification:||DOMESTIC LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Residential Buildings|
|People Depicted:||McDonald, Leslie; McDonald, Mary; McDonald, Alexander; McDonald, Alfred; McDonald, Ada; McDonald, Margaret|
|Format:||Negative: Black & White; 35 mm|
|Place & Date Depicted:||North Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, circa 1888
Sands & McDougall Directories list Alexander McDonald & Sons at 12 Leveson Steet, North Melbourne from 1888-1891. Earlier checks back to 1881 also confim this address. (Note:Prior to 1887 the suburb was known as Hotham).
|References:||Sands & McDougall's Melbourne Directories: 1881 p.166, 1884 p.251, 1887, 1888 p.260, 1889 p.331, & 1891 p.387.|