Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Lavers Hill, Australia
Negative - Horse Team Pulling Timber on Sled, Lavers Hill District, Victoria, circa 1895 Reg. No: MM 000182
- Black and white cellulose acetate negative.
- Description Of Content:
- A horse team pulling timber on sled. There has apparently been a bushfire through the area. There is a group of workers around the horse team, some of the men are holding axes.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Mrs L. Dixon, 1985
- The Biggest Family Album of Australia, Museum Victoria
|Tagged with:||bushfires, horses, land clearing, logging, roads, saddlery, sleds, timber harvesting, timber workers, tools, workers, axes|
|Themes this item is part of:||Recurring History of Bushfires in Victoria, Images & Image Making Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Transport Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, The Biggest Family Album in Australia Collection|
|Primary Classification:||ROAD TRANSPORT|
|Secondary Classification:||Horse Drawn Vehicles|
|People Depicted:||Riegel Family|
|Format:||Negative: Black & White; 35 mm|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Lavers Hill District, Victoria, Australia, circa 1895|
This item is part of the following themes: