Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Beaufort, Australia
Negative - Group Standing in Front of House With Shingle Roof, Beaufort District, Victoria, circa 1860s Reg. No: MM 000469
- The photograph was previously dated to circa 1890, but the clothing suggests a date closer to the 1860s.
- Description Of Content:
- A man and women with four small children and a baby. They are standing in front of a small house with a shingle roof. There is a well-kept garden.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Mrs C Keays, 1985
- The Biggest Family Album of Australia, Museum Victoria
|Tagged with:||babies, children, domestic environment, gardens, houses, beaufort|
|Themes this item is part of:||Childhood & Youth Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Images & Image Making Collection, The Biggest Family Album in Australia Collection|
|Primary Classification:||DOMESTIC LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Residential Buildings|
|Format:||Negative: Black & White; 35 mm|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Beaufort District, Victoria, Australia, circa 1860s|
|References:||Note regarding date added by Deborah Tout-Smith 20/4/2012|