Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Wakool River, Australia
Glass Negative - Crossing Wakool Bridge, Surrounded by Floodwaters, by A.J. Campbell, Wakool River, Moulamein District, New South Wales, Sep 1894 Reg. No: MM 046887
- Image show men riding a horse-drawn buggy over the Wakool Bridge surrounded by floodwaters.
- Black and white silver gelatin glass negative, half plate, landscape format
- Description Of Content:
- Horse and cart on bridge washed out by flood.
- Acquisition Information:
- Transfer from Museum Victoria Natural Science
|Tagged with:||bridges, floods, horsedrawn vehicles|
|Themes this item is part of:||A.J. Campbell Collection, Archibald James Campbell, Naturalist (1853-1929), Images & Image Making Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Transport Collection|
|Original Caption:||Wakool Bridge|
|Format:||Glass Negative: Black & White|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Wakool River, New South Wales, Australia, Sep 1894
Date taken possibly Aug 1894?
|Creator:||Archibald Campbell, Sep 1894|
"TENDERS OPENED -Tenders for the undermentioned
works and service were opened by the
Tender Board of the Public Works Department
yesterday - Bridge, Cow Creok, on the road
from Moulamein to Koondrook, 18 tenders,
Robort Colville lowest tender £426 14s 4d;
bridge. Wakool River, on the road from
Moulamein to Koondrook, 16 tenders, Robert
Colville, lowest tonder £304 3s 6d ...."
The Sydney Morning Herald, 4 Jan 1894, pp.4-5, http://newspapers.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/printArticlePdf/13919549/3?print=n