Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted South Yarra, Australia
Similar items over time
Glass Negative - Cloud Camera, Melbourne Observatory, South Yarra, Victoria, circa 1896 Reg. No: MM 030301
- Cloud Camera erected in grounds of Melbourne Observatory, circa 1896. One of a pair of cloud cameras located at Melbourne Observatory and Parliament House to measure the height and velocity of clouds. Part of an international project of the International Meteorological Commission.
The telegraphic apparatus on the right was used to coordinate simultaneous phtogoraphy at Melbourne Osbervatory and Parliament House.
- Description Of Content:
- Cloud Camera.
|Tagged with:||meteorological apparatus instruments, observatories, cameras, meteorological instruments|
|Themes this item is part of:||Meteorology at Melbourne Observatory, 1863-1908, Melbourne Observatory Collection, Science & Measurement Collection, Positional Astronomy at Melbourne Observatory, Weights & Measures at Melbourne Observatory, Melbourne Observatory & Standard Time in Victoria, Astrographic Catalogue, Transits of Venus, 1874 & 1882, Buildings at Melbourne Observatory, Star Observations & Personal Equation, Melbourne Observatory, 1863-1944, Geodetic Survey of Victoria, 1858-1872|
|Primary Classification:||PHYSICAL SCIENCES|
|Tertiary Classification:||meteorological equipment|
|Format:||Glass Negative: Black & White|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Melbourne Observatory, South Yarra, Victoria, Australia, circa 1896|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Meteorology at Melbourne Observatory, 1863-1908
- Melbourne Observatory Collection
- Science & Measurement Collection
- Positional Astronomy at Melbourne Observatory
- Weights & Measures at Melbourne Observatory
- Melbourne Observatory & Standard Time in Victoria
- Astrographic Catalogue
- Transits of Venus, 1874 & 1882
- Buildings at Melbourne Observatory
- Star Observations & Personal Equation
- Melbourne Observatory, 1863-1944
- Geodetic Survey of Victoria, 1858-1872