Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Richmond, Australia
Glass Negative - Mooring Buoy and Truck, Chas Ruwolt Pty Ltd, Engineering Products, 1929 Reg. No: MM 011912
- Black and white glass negative depicting a truck towing a Mooring Buoys in Ruwolt Factory in 1929.
- Black and white glass negative
- Description Of Content:
- '20' x 12' dia mooring buoy for the British Phosphate Company at Nauru. Building behind truck has a 'MacPhersons' sign on the roof, this was the southern boundary of Ruwolts prior to the building of the Fabrication Shop during the second World War, and it later became Ajax Nut and Bolt Co a division of MacPhersons Engineers. (c1928 -29).
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Vickers Ruwolt Pty Ltd, 1986
|Tagged with:||mooring buoys, motor trucks, trailers|
|Themes this item is part of:||Engineering Collection, Transport Collection, Vickers Ruwolt Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Engineering Products|
|Inscriptions:||Circular stamp at bottom left of negative: 'CHAS. RUWOLT PTY LTD / MELBOURNE ; PHOTO 435'
Entered in hand-written catalogue as: '435 | 20'- 0" x 12'-0" dia. Mooring Bouy for Nauru | British Phosphate Com.'
Entered in hand-written subject subject index under 'BOILERMAKERS MISCELLANEOUS WORK' as: '435 | 18.11.29 | Mild Steel Mooring Bouys - 20'-0" x 12'-0" | Brit. Phos. Com. | 6295'
|Format:||Glass Negative: Black & White; Whole Plate|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Richmond, Victoria, Australia, 1929|