Search the collections
Similar items over time
Negative - Mocopan Coffee Display Stand at St. Kilda Town Hall, 14 Sep 1966 Reg. No: MM 51124
- Negative taken by Laurie Richards Studio for Mocopan Pty Ltd during a trade event at St Kilda Town Hall in 1966. The image is part of the Laurie Richards Collection of negatives held by Museum Victoria.
Mocopan was established by Agostino Monici, Sergio Coperchini and Vic Panettieri in 1953. The name was an amalgamation of the surnames of the three men. Mocopan was originally composed of three sections; coffee processing and sales; the production of smallgoods, and the processing of polenta flour. Both Coperchini and Panettieri left the company and a succession of partners followed, including Frank Dimattina. Mocopan was managed by the Dimattina's until 1995 when it was sold to a multi-national.
- Colour 5" x 4" negative
- Description Of Content:
- Female sales representative giving out samples of hot coffee from a pair of urns at a Mocopan coffee display stand at a trade fair at St Kilda Town Hall.
- Laurie Richards Collection, Museum Victoria
|Tagged with:||banners, retailing, lighting, signage, town halls, beverages, packaging, coffee, sales representatives, drinks, retail displays, hot water urns|
|Themes this item is part of:||Laurie Richards Studio, Photographer, Melbourne, Victoria, Laurie Richards Collection, Mocopan Pty. Ltd., Coffee & Food Processing, Preston, Victoria, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Food & Drinks|
|Tertiary Classification:||trade fairs|
|Place & Date Depicted:||St Kilda, Victoria, Australia, 14 Sep 1966|
|Creator:||Laurie Richards Studio, Alphington, Victoria, Australia, 14 Sep 1966|
|Commissioned By:||Mocopan Coffee, Preston, Victoria, Australia, 14 Sep 1966|
This item is part of the following themes: