Search the collections
Negative - Two Female Figure Skaters, Bandaging an Injury, Melbourne, 1960s Reg. No: MM 54716
- Image of two female figure skaters standing on the edge of an ice rink in Melbourne, 1960s. It is one of approximately 85,000 negatives from the Laurie Richards Collection taken by the Melbourne based Laurie Richards Studio between the 1950s -1970s.
Laurie Richards was a professional photographer who began his career as a photo-journalist, working for the Advertiser newspaper in Adelaide, and the Argus and the Herald newspapers in Melbourne. In 1953, he opened his own business and set up a photographic studio at his home at 4 Tower Avenue, Alphington, an inner suburb of Melbourne. At its peak, in the late 1960s, the Laurie Richards Studio was one of Melbourne's pre-eminent commercial photographic studios, employing twelve photographers. The Laurie Richards Studio worked mainly in advertising and public relations, and had a broad clientele which included commercial companies, government institutions and the entertainment industry.
- Black and white negative
- Description Of Content:
- Two female ice skaters standing on the edge of an ice skating rink. One is bandaging the knee of the other skater, who is holding a crepe bandage packet. Both women are wearing sequined figure skating costumes and tiaras on their heads.
- Laurie Richards Collection, Museum Victoria
|Tagged with:||sport, first aid equipment, medical equipment, packaging, first aid, theatrical costumes, skating, crowns, bandages dressings, bandages, ice skating, ice skating rinks|
|Themes this item is part of:||Laurie Richards Studio, Photographer, Melbourne, Victoria, Laurie Richards Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Images & Image Making Collection, Leisure Collection, Medicine in Society Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MEDICINE & HEALTH|
|Secondary Classification:||First Aid|
|Format:||Negative: Black & White|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1960s|
|Creator:||Laurie Richards Studio, Alphington, Victoria, Australia, 1960s|