Search the collections
Similar items over time
Revolver - Armi San Marco, Replica Colt, Single Action Army, 1873 Reg. No: HT 4525
- Armi San Marco Colt 1873 Single Action Army (SAA), cal. .45, rifled round barrel 139 mm (4 3/4 in) long with R.H.side mounted ejector.
Made by Armi San Marco, Italy. Serial number SA11772.
- Six chambered cylinder with standard flutes, steel trigger guard, solid steel frame, steel back strap, plain wooden two-piece grips with 'APC' stamped into L.H.grip, blade front sight, loading gate on R.H.side. Barrel address is a Hartford address. Loading gate is unnumbered. Two-line patent stamping on L.H.side of frame. Profusely engraved at both ends of barrel, frame, cylinder, butt and both ends of backstrap, all metal components polished in the white. Engraved by T. Hunt.
- Statement Of Significance:
- Armi San Marco produced copies of popular American western firearms associated with the Cowboy era. This particular item is their copy of the Colt 1873 Single Action Army revolver, of which several genuine examples exist in the Museum Victoria collection. Armi San Marco were bought out by the recently formed American Western Arms, Inc. (AWA Firearms). It is an example of the broad popularity of the model, and how the Colt/Cowboy legacy continues to hold a strong hold over the American firearm market.
- Acquisition Information:
- Transfer from Victoria Police, 2004
|Dimensions:||14.00 cm (Height), 4.50 cm (Width), 29.00 cm (Length)|
|Dimension Comment:||Barrel length: 13.90 (4 3/4in.)|
|Tagged with:||firearms, 1858 buffalo, new-york, 5 shot, s.n. 165, patent, 31cal, squarebacktrigerguard|
|Themes this item is part of:||American Western Arms Inc., Gunmakers, Hialeah, Florida, USA, Arms Collection, Samuel Colt, Gunmaker (1814-1862), Colt Firearms in Colonial Victoria, 1850-1900, Colt's Patent Fire Arms Manufacturing Co., Gunmakers, Hartford, Connecticut, USA|
|Primary Classification:||ARMS & ARMOUR|
|Inscriptions:||Stamped on barrel: HARTFORD CT. MODEL
Stamped underneath barrel: ARMI SAN MARCO MADE IN ITALY P C
Stamped on front of frame: CAT 5564
Stamped on L.H. side of frame: PAT. SEPT.19. 1871./ PAT. JULY. 2. 1872
Stamped on L.H. side of frame in shield: U.S
Engraved on frame above serial number: ENGR BY T. HUNT
Serial No. -
Frame: SA11772; Triggerguard: 772; Butt: 772
|Model Name/Number:||1873 Single Action Army (SAA)|
|Manufacturer:||Armi San Marco, Italy
Armi San Marco Arms was bought out by American Western Arms Inc (AWA) in early 2000.
|Designer:||Colt's Patent Fire Arms Manufacturing Co, Hartford, Connecticut, United States of America, circa 1873
Manufacturer of Original
|Engraver:||Mr T Hunt, United States of America|
|Distributor:||American Western Arms, Inc. (AWA), Hileah, Florida, United States of America
American Western Arms Inc bought out Armi San Marco Arms in early 2000.
This item is part of the following themes: