Search the collections
Metal Plaque - Overseas Telecommunications Commission, Melbourne Coastal Radio Station, 1966 Reg. No: HT 5639
- Metal Plaque, The Overseas Telecommunications Commission (Australia). Melbourne Maritime Radio Collection.
'The Overseas Telecommunications Commission (Australia) Melbourne Coastal Radio Station Cape Schank officially opened by the Postmaster-General the Hon. A.S.Hulme M.P. on 3rd June, 1966 Commissioners A.E.Chadwick Chairman B.F.Jones Vice-Chairman A.H.Petfield G.B. Kater J.H.Garrett O.B.E General Manager H. White the original coastal radio station was established in the Melbourne domain in February, 1912.'
This equipment was collected from the Melbourne Coastal Radio Station after it was closed in July 2002. In addition to communications equipment and documentation, items in general office use were collected in order to represent as far as possible the working environment at the time of closure.
- Rectangular (landscape format) metal plaque with a red-brown coloured front face and white (now green in places) lettering in relief. On the reverse of the plaque are four screws, one in each corner to enable to the plaque to be set or mounted on a secondary object.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Michael Greenwood, 2002
|Dimensions:||4.1 cm (Height), 53.4 cm (Width), 38.2 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||communications, wireless, radio stations|
|Themes this item is part of:||Information & Communication Collection, Melbourne Coastal Radio Station, Australian Coastal Radio Service, 1912-2002, Melbourne Coastal Radio, Reminiscences of an OTC Technician, 1969-1992, Australian Coastal Radio Service, 1912-2012|
|Inscriptions:||'THE OVERSEAS TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION (AUSTRALIA)/ MELBOURNE COASTAL RADIO STATION/ CAPE SCHANK/ OFFICIALLY OPENED BY THE POSTMASTER-GENERAL THE HON. A.S.HULME M.P./ ON 3RD JUNE, 1966/ COMMISSIONERS/ A.E.CHADWICK CHAIRMAN/ B.F.JONES VICE-CHAIRMAN/ A.H.PETFIELD G.BKATER J.H.GARRETT O.B.E/ GENERAL MANAGER/ H. WHITE/ THE ORIGINAL COASTAL RADIO STATION WAS ESTABLISHED/ IN THE MELBOURNE DOMAIN IN FEBRUARY, 1912.'|
|User:||Telstra - Australian Maritime Communication Service (Australian MCS) Melbourne Maritime Communication Service (Melbourne MCS), Cape Schanck, Mornington Peninsula, Victoria, Australia, 1966-2002|
|References:||Melbourne MCS (Melbourne Maritime Coastal Service) accessed 13 March 2012 http://coastradio.info/vim.html|
This item is part of the following themes: