Refine your search

Filter results by item type

Simpson's Gloves Collection

Glove Cutters

Image: Glove Cutters

Source: Museum Victoria

The Simpson's Gloves Collection comprises over 1200 items acquired in 1989 from the factory and head office of Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd at 488-496 Victoria Street, Richmond. A few additional items were acquired in 1993.

The collection consists of machinery, tools of trade, workbenches and furniture, product samples, trade literature, photographs and signs. The business records of the company were transferred at the same time to The University of Melbourne Archives.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928.

The business was sold to Mr Alistair Mitchell in 1988, who moved the business to Glen Waverly. The collection was donated under the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.

Items per page: 10 50 (showing 1 - 10) 407 items

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 41
Yes No