DETAIL GRAPHS - RELIGION
|No religion, so described||215
• In 1918 Russia was renamed the Russian Soviet Federated Socialist Republic (RSFSR).
• In 1921 the Ukraine was divided between Poland and the RSFSR.
• In 1922, the RSFSR and the majority of Ukraine became part of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics.
• Latvia was annexed by the Soviet Union in 1940.
• After World War II eastern and western Ukraine were reunited by the Soviets. In 1954 Crimea was added to the republic.
• The Soviet Union broke up in the early 1990s, which led to the emergence of the Russian Federation in 1991.
• Latvia and Ukraine gained independence from the Soviet Union in 1991, despite being represented independently by the ABS from the mid 20th century.
© Museum Victoria Australia