Conditions of entry
- Entry is open to Australian residents. Employees and their immediate families of Museum Victoria and its agencies associated with this promotion, including IP Australia, are ineligible to enter.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of prizes.
- No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- Copyright in all entries becomes the property of the promoter and may be licensed or assigned to IP Australia as the principal sponsor of Wallace & Gromit’s World of Invention exhibition. The promoter and principal sponsor reserve the right to reproduce the entries for whatever reason and in any medium at their discretion.
- In submitting an entry, each entrant warrants that he/she is the owner of the idea. However, a specific idea/invention/innovation/ product or knowledge cannot be protected by intellectual property rights (including patents and registered designs) after it has been submitted as an official entry, and will thereafter be classified as public knowledge.
- The promoter and principal sponsor reserve the right to use entry ideas in any manner (including with or without attribution) within future Museum Victoria and IP Australia communications. The entries may also be used for press and media purposes.
- Where the entrant has expressed permission to do so, entries will be entered into Museum Victoria’s database. Museum Victoria may use the entrant’s names, contact details e.g. postal address, email address and phone number for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
How to enter
To enter, eligible individuals must, during the Promotional Period:
- Visit Wallace & Gromit’s World of Invention exhibition at Scienceworks between 19 May – 11 November 2012
- Draw a fictional invention in the ‘Little Inventors Handbook’, supplied in the exhibition and available to download from museumvictoria.com.au/wallaceandgromit
- Submit their entry by dropping it into a box, located at the Information Desk at Scienceworks
- Entrants are permitted to enter multiple times.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- The completed form must be submitted during the Promotional Period.
Starting and closing dates
- Promotion commences on 19/05/2012. Entries close 4.30pm Sunday 11 November 2012 AEDT (Promotional Period)
When and where the prize will be drawn
- Winners will be selected by a panel consisting of independent judges and employees of Museum Victoria and IP Australia. They will select the Cracking Ideas entries thought to be the most innovative.
- Monthly winners will be selected and notified by phone and in writing and announced on the Museum Victoria website.
Details and value of prizes
- Prizes will include official Wallace and Gromit merchandise, Museum Victoria Family Annual Memberships, IMAX Melbourne tickets, The Wonders of Ancient Mesopotamia exhibition at Melbourne Museum tickets and more.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- Prizes exclude airfares, taxi fares, transport and other transfer costs.
- Promoter is Museum Victoria, GPO Box 666, Melbourne 3001, VIC.