Copyright and Citing
The data you can access is the result of the work of thousands:
- Collectors (Scientific and Amateur)
- Curators and Collection Managers who maintain these heritage collections
- Years' worth of data input
Remember: GIS (Latitude and Longitude) measurements have only recently been added to label data so the GIS data for thousands of labels had to be acquired.
- Numerous checks of the data to ensure its accuracy
- Computer boffins to write to programs to develop the web interface
- Photographers (Professional and Amateur)
- Sightings and papers produced by hundreds of amateurs and professionals to determine the life histories, symbiotic relationships, venom toxicities etc.
And lots more to boot!
Despite the cast of thousands, some specific acknowledgments of major sources of the data (label, photographic & mapping) and programming should be made:
- John Coventry, Herpetologist at Museum Victoria for 47 years.
Photography and Maps
- Peter Robinson
- Peter Rawlinson (Overlay Maps from: Amphibians and Reptiles of Victoria Victorian Year Book No. 85, 1971)
Database Product and Programming Support
- Texpress by KE Software Pty Ltd
- Dominic Marshall & John Doolan, KE Software Pty Ltd
- David Zhang, Museum Victoria
- Simon Hinkley, Museum Victoria
Concept and Development