Displaying pages tagged italian (13)
- Edda Azzola, Italian Migrant & Textile WorkerEdda Azzola (nee Pugnetti) was born in 1927 in Pontebba, a village in the north Italian region of Friuli.
- Mocopan Food ProcessingMocopan was composed of three sections; coffee processing and sales; the production of smallgoods, and the processing of polenta flour.
- La Tosca Food Processing Company, MelbourneThe company was founded by Lionello (‘Nello’) Borghesi in 1947 and produced tomato concentrate, tuna, asparagus, peppers and a bolognese sauce.
- Irredenta Itala Serini, Italian Migrant (1918-2006)Irredenta Itala Serini was born in 1918 in Fiume, then part of Italy and now part of Croatia.
- Ernesto Angerame - Italian BarberSoon after his arrival in 1938, Ernesto began an apprenticeship in his brother's barber shop. Many customers were Italian migrants.
- Centro Italiano d'Arte (Italian Art Centre) MelbourneThe Centro Italiano D’Arte (Italian Art Centre) was founded in Melbourne in 1962 with its offices at 193 Lygon Street Carlton.
- Candela CollectionThe Candela Collection tells the story of Vincenzo, Emanuela and Angelo Candela who arrived in Melbourne in 1920.
- Borghesi FamilyLeonello 'Nello' Borghesi was born in Bagni di Lucca, Tuscany in 1902.
- Italian Historical Society CO.AS.IT. CollectionThis is a collection developed in partnership by the Italian Historical Society CO.AS.IT. and Museum Victoria.
- History of immigration from ItalyThe Italian presence in Australia predates the First Fleet.
- Italian MigrationQuestion: My parents migrated from Italy fifty years ago this year. They would like to collate information about their migration journe...
- Italian CarltonExploring contributions made by the Italian community to the Carlton precinct.
- LOTE Italian at Museum VictoriaExtend comprehension and speaking skills with staff-led sessions or self-guided language activities at Scienceworks, Melbourne Museum or the Immigration Museum. in your classroom.