MVteachers is Museum Victoria's online subscription service for teachers in Victorian schools and education institutions. It is designed to give you easy access to all our museums and information about our education services in order to facilitate the planning of school group excursions to our venues.
- Free general entry to Melbourne Museum, Scienceworks and Immigration Museum
- Discounts on tickets to IMAX Melbourne education films. Read terms and conditions
- 10% discount in Museum Victoria shops
- One free show per year in the Melbourne Planetarium and one free show per year in The Lightning Room at Scienceworks. Read terms and conditions
- Invitations to special previews of Museum Victoria exhibitions, IMAX films, exclusive MVteachers professional development opportunities and other programs
- Opportunities for input into the development of Museum Victoria education programs
- Monthly Museum Victoria education e-newsletter.
How Do I Subscribe?
Follow the sign up here link on the right hand side of this page. Your MVteachers card will be available for collection from Museum Victoria’s venues of Scienceworks, Immigration Museum or Melbourne Museum. A current email address is essential to validate your subscription.
- To subscribe you must currently be employed as a professional teacher in a Victorian school, TAFE, AMES, Adult Community and Further Education or University.
- When collecting your card you must present personal photo identification (such as a driver's licence) and your current VIT registration card (blue card) or equivalent identification confirming your current employment as an educator in Victoria (such as a university or TAFE teaching identification card).
- Those not currently employed as educators in Victoria, such as inactive teachers, pre-service teachers, home schoolers and interstate teachers are welcome to sign-up for the MVteachers e-newsletter to receive information about our education services but are not eligible for an MVteachers card.
- Your MVteachers card and subscription does not provide access to the MV Members priority queue at our venues. MVteachers must use the general admission queue.