What does Museum Victoria do with my information when I create my account?
We ask you for personal details for the following reasons:
- Your name, so we can identify you.
- Your teaching details enable MVteachers to provide you with information about Museum Victoria special programs and professional development opportunities related specifically to your teaching area.
- Details about your salutation allow us to correctly greet you in correspondence we send to you.
- Your gender is used by Museum Victoria for reporting purposes.
- Your address details help us with identity management (ie, to manage duplicate name records).
- Your phone number allows us an alternative method of contacting you if necessary about special events which you may be attending.
- The security question safeguards your account details.
Who can subscribe?
People employed as professional teachers in a Victorian school, TAFE, AMES, Adult Community and Further Education or University. Those not currently employed as educators in Victoria, such as inactive teachers, pre-service teachers, student teachers, home schoolers and interstate teachers are welcome to sign-up for the MVteachers e-newsletter to receive information about our education services but are not eligible for an MVteachers card.
Can I use the MV Members queue?
Your MVteachers card and subscription does not provide access to the MV Members priority queue at our venues. MVteachers must use the general admission queue.
Do MVteachers receive discounted parking?
MVteachers are not eligible for discounted parking. This discount is only available for MV Members.
Did my subscription go through correctly?
To check if your subscription was successful, first check the following:
- Did you receive an email asking you to click on a link to validate your email address?
- Did you click on the link and finish the subscription process by completing the online form with your teaching details and contact information?
- If you did, can you login to your account with your selected username (email address) and password when you visit the MVteachers website?
If you did not receive an email asking you to validate your email address, or are unable to login to your account online, please contact us.
My MVteachers card has been lost/stolen. Can I be issued with a replacement card?
Lost or stolen cards can only be replaced by contacting MVteachers. Replacement cards can be collected five working days from the date your email request has been responded to and must be collected personally. Photo identification and a form of identification which verifies you are currently a registered teacher or educator in Victoria must again be provided. Once the replacement MVteachers card is issued the previous card is invalidated. Please note that replacement cards do not contain a free Lightning Room show or free Planetarium show.
Can my card be mailed out to me, or can I have a friend pick it up for me?
No. As we need to confirm photo identification and a form of identification which verifies you are currently a registered teacher or educator in Victoria. The benefits associated with the card are venue based so you will not be disadvantaged by not receiving it prior to visiting one of our museums.
When can I collect my card?
You can collect your card any time after you have completed the online subscription process.
Where do I collect my card from?
You must collect your card and letter in person. You can do this from any MV campus, as they will be printed for you on the day of your visit.
Melbourne Museum – cards can be collected from the ground floor Administration Desk.
Scienceworks – cards can be collected from the Information Desk in main foyer.
Immigration Museum - cards can be collected from the ticketing desk on the ground floor.
I could not create an account or sign in when I tried to register?
Please contact us.
Why can’t VIT card holders receive free entry to Museum Victoria venues?
MVteachers is Museum Victoria’s online subscription service for teachers designed to give easy access to our museums and information about our education services. MVteachers establishes and maintains and ongoing relationship between Museum Victoria and Victorian teachers, which is not possible via VIT membership. MVteachers gives teachers additional benefits beyond free entry.
How do I use my MVteachers card to receive free venue entry and associated benefits
All benefits associated with your MVteachers card can only be received on presentation of your MVteachers card together with photo identification. To receive a free entry ticket for the day of your visit you must queue at the venue’s ticketing desk. Additionally, you can organise to receive a free ticket for Royal Exhibition Building tours at the Melbourne Museum ticketing desk, your one free ticket per year to a Lightning Room show and to a Planetarium show at the Scienceworks ticketing desk, and discounted tickets to IMAX films on the education list at the IMAX ticketing desk. For entry to special exhibitions that require a surcharge normal entry fees will apply.
Please contact us for all other enquiries.