Museum Victoria's Outreach Program is a travelling ‘museum in a van’ and kit loan service.
The Outreach Program provides access to the Museum's collection for people who may find it difficult to visit our museums for reasons that include age and geographical distance.
The Outreach Program provides several different programs to provide access to the Museum's collection and expertise:
- Kindergarten incursions bring museum learning activities to 4 year old kindergarten groups all over metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria.
- Learning Kits (K-adult) are cases filled with objects and a variety of learning materials that teachers can hire to engage their students with natural science and social history subjects.
- Reminiscing Kits are specifically designed for activity coordinators to use in reminiscing sessions. They are suitable for aged care groups only.
- Adult presentations are a mobile service which delivers museum object-based sessions for adult groups who may find it difficult to visit one of our venues, such as aged care facilities.
- The Federation Handbells are a unique musical resource available to everyone.